Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A Great Reminder of HIS Love



We've reached the 33 mark!  Baby Nolan weighs around 4 pounds and is proportioned like a pineapple.  Overall, I feel great and am just thankful to be experiencing this little miracle.  This past weekend, Jeremy and I were convicted of something pretty important.  Despite the road we've been down to have a healthy pregnancy, we are in no way deserving of this blessing. Over the last few months, we've almost felt entitled to have this baby.  Surely we've earned a healthy child after remaining faithful to God through the experience of a miscarriage.  But this is so NOT true and I'm embarrassed that I ever felt this way.
Thankfully, God's Spirit continues to work on us and humble us, reminding our family that every good and perfect gift is from above. The gift of Nolan's life is like so many of the blessings the Lord gives us each day.  Do we deserve them?  No.  Did we earn them?  Never. Regardless, does God continue to give them?  He does....because He loves us so much!  
My dad shared a special verse with me recently.  God says in Malachi 3:10, "see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it."  Now that's some LOVE!

Above are some shots of week 33 - and may we all continue to be reminded that every good thing that comes our way is not of our own doing, but because we have a God who loves us so very much!
On a less serious note, I wanted to include these cute pics of Titan. I've been mowing through some peanut butter at our house and when we finish off a jar, Titan gets to enjoy a special treat - outside of course.  His vigor for licking the jar clean was quite inspirational!  If Titan could talk he would tell us, "It's the simple things that can be some of life's sweetest pleasures."  Well said, Titan.  You're one wise dog.

9 comments:

Allison said...

This is a fantastic post. I loved hearing the reminder that all good things come from Him and can never be earned. So true, but for some reason so forgettable:( And the pics of Titan are hilarious! That is a serious treat. If I'm in a really great mood or really feeling sorry for the neglected dogs, I will give them a spoonful of peanut butter. It always seems to make everything okay! Love you girl!

Allison said...

You look incredible by the way....you truely are GLOWING!!

Teresa said...

You are such a fabulous young woman! I am so blessed to have you in our lives (Mary Kathering adores you). Enjoy these last weeks when Nolan is truly yours alone. Blessings!

Jesse Faris said...

You look great!

Our greyhound loooooves him some peanut butter jars, by the way. They are his absolute favorite! (Then our german shepherd mix takes the empty plastic jar and uses it for a chew toy. ha.)

ladymundie said...

love it!! you are so cute!!

Emily said...

Thank you for sharing those thoughts. I am proud of you. =) You look great. Baby Nolan is coming so quickly. I can't wait for him to get here. I know that you REALLY can't wait!

Jamey said...

What a great devotional thought! You do look fabulous; love your shirt! It makes you look so bright and cheery.

Melissa said...

Hey Hannah! I am so glad we have found each other in this great blog-world! You look amazing! I'm so excited for your upcoming delivery...and I pray you are receiving some moments of rest until then! Cole just turned one yesterday and today was my 28-week check-up. I'm looking forward to seeing pics of Nolan!
By the way, Titan is adorable...Molly would be jealous to see him with that pb jar!
Melissa

Kristina Parnell said...

Beautiful post. You look wonderful, and I pray that the rest of your pregnancy is great and that you enjoy every second of it!